Title: Development Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Vice President of External Affairs
Works closely with: Associate Director of Institutional Giving
Status: Exempt, Full-time
The Development Operations Coordinator (DOC) is a key member of the Contributed Revenue team, tasked with executing the day-to-day operations of the department. The DOC will provide excellent stewardship to donors and assist gift officers with stewarding major donors in their portfolios. The DOC is also charged with maintaining and curating robust data systems, crucial to the continued operations of both the Contributed Revenue and Marketing departments.
Proficient in Tessitura software or a similar CRM, the DOC manages the integrity of all donor information and provides comprehensive reporting to the department to aid the organization in achieving its goals. The DOC is a superb problem solver, utilizing interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with POPS staff, while maintaining strong attention to detail, particularly in support of the POPS’ fundraising goals.
• Generates acknowledgment letters, reports, thank you letters, and campaign materials for all contributions.
• Ensures timely processing of gifts, pledges, and pledge payments.
• Supports in the preparation of periodic and final progress reports to foundations and other donors.
• Records fundraising activity touchpoints with a high level of detail orientation regularly.
• Creates and maintains systems and complex mailing lists for fundraising, billing, direct mail (for Development and Marketing), donor prospecting, and other needs outside of Tessitura.
• Coordinates donor appointments for VP of External Affairs and Associate Director of Institutional Giving, which may include calling and making appointments, confirming them, and/or making reservations.
• Serves as a point of contact for general patron inquiries that can be directed to relevant team members.
• Performs and keeps detailed back-up of prospect research to support Vice President of External Affairs and Associate Director of Institutional Giving.
• Supports the fulfillment of Annual Fund donor benefits
• Collaborate closely with senior staff and other stakeholders to plan and execute donor and prospect events
• Support the Board of Directors and major donors for all invitation and ticketing questions.
• Support the donor-facing aspects of the POPS Ball, The POPS’ largest fundraiser, and other special events.
FRONT OF HOUSE AND EVENT ADMINISTRATION
• Aids in the staffing and display of the POPS table for all concert and cultivation events.
• Coordinates the management of the intermission receptions, pre- and post-concert events for donors, servicing the catering contracts, and scheduling room set-up and logistics.
Other such duties as assigned.
Microsoft Office fluency; particularly Word, Sway, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with Tessitura or another CRM is a plus. Detail orientation. Business intelligence skills coupled with the ability to manage contributed revenue database and financial reporting. Excellent writing skills.
Essential Functions and Physical Demands
• Routine office environment.
• Employee will be required to perform some essential functions of the job during evening and weekend events.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of BA or BS in related field a plus.
• Must possess 1-2 years related experience in fundraising, philanthropy, institutional advancement, or a related field.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. *No phone calls*